Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Digging in the Dirt (well, shit actually)

Up at 6 am today. I had six hours of sleep, which could mean that I'm a crabby bitch again. But I need to keep it together. A mini breakdown is not an option right now.

Don't you just love it when you check your messages first thing after waking up and it's more problems piling up? Everyday is a battle.

It's simple: just keep finding solutions.

The film issue has been resolved. We've decided to go Super 35 instead of Super 16. It's going to look Super Amazing.

Today Julia and the Frenchies go back to Smokey for another walk through. They have a rendezvous with O.G. Sacred. I can't wait to meet him myself. I want to write about him someday.

Finally got the name and email address of the guy from Ayala Land who is in charge of the empty lot in Tondo. I sent him a nice email and I really hope they allow us to shoot the Big Kiss in the PMC Compound. It's going to look amazing. I wonder if there are more giant owls roosting in that damn field.

Meeting with potential investor went fairly well, I think. She's really cool. Sharp as hell and kind of eccentric. She asked many probing questions and basically told me that the synopsis I sent her was not good enough. So today I have to churn out a fucking awesome one pager (with a log line) that will compel her to see the beauty of our story and convince her that it's going to be a hit.

Despite all the shit we're wading through right now, we're still somehow going forward. I'm kind of tired and almost at the end of my proverbial rope, but I can't stop now. We shoot in three days no matter what.

No comments: